Registered Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy is a hands-on manipulation of the soft tissues of the body including muscles, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments and joints. It is also an alternative health option to help alleviate the soft tissue discomfort associated with everyday and occupational stresses, muscular overuse and many chronic pain syndromes. It can also greatly reduce the development of painful muscular patterning, if employed early enough after accidents involving trauma and injury.
Massage therapists work to improve the circulation of blood through the body and to speed the removal of metabolic waste products from muscles. Their skilled kneading increases the flexibility of muscles, ligaments, and other soft tissues. Some people visit a massage therapist to relieve pain or to warm up before a sporting event. Others want to relax and reduce stress.
Benefits of Massage
- Enhancing general relaxation
- Reducing muscular tension and associated discomfort
- Reducing anxiety
- Improving sleep
- Increasing feelings of well-being
- Enhancing tissue elasticity and flexibility
- Increasing range of motion in joints
- Relaxing tight muscles
- Relieving muscle aches and stiffness
- Speeding recovery from exercise
- Promoting well nourished – healthy skin
- Improving circulation of blood + lymph
- Improving immune system functioning
- Improving energy flow
Specialty Massage Available
- Infant/children’s massage
- Breast massage
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
- Pregnancy massage
- Sports massage
Experience a relaxing therapeutic massage at Inspired Life Health Centre. We are located on Danforth Avenue in Toronto. Visit or call 416-461-8688 to book an appointment (walk in massage is available on most days – please contact us to find out more).
All of our massage therapists are registered in the Province of Ontario. Note that if you have extended healthcare benefits, you may be covered for partial or full reimbursement for registered massage therapy.