Serve up this tasty and healthy festive salad with walnut dressing this holiday season. With minimal ingredients and preparation time required, this salad will end up being one of those “Wow, you MADE this dressing? It must have taken you a long time!” conversations at the table.
- ½ cup cold pressed walnut oil
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt (sea salt or kosher)
- Finely ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. spicy tarragon mustard (if you cannot find this use Dijon mustard with ¼ tsp. dried tarragon and crushed chili flakes instead)
Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor except for the oil.
Slowly add the oils to the processor. The ingredients will become emulsified. Set aside and let the dressing chill in the refrigerator.
- 3-4 cups arugula (or other mixed greens that are readily available)
- ½ cup walnuts or pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 2 oz. goat cheese
- 3 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
Toss all ingredients together in a bowl with the desired amount of dressing.
Serve and Enjoy!