Here is an simple chili recipe for you to make and at the same time, fulfill part of your daily fibre intake!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-large bell pepper (green, red, yellow or orange), diced
- 1 tbsp. each: chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne or chipotle pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 cups beans (all kidney or half kidney, half black or pinto beans), rinsed
- 1 cup frozen (thawed) organic corn kernels
- 1 28 oz. can organic tomatoes (diced or crushed/sauce)
- 2 tsp. sea salt, or more to taste
In a large pot, sauté onions and garlic in oil until onions are translucent (about 8 minutes). Toss in the garlic, bell pepper and spices, and sauté for a few minutes more, adding small amounts of water if necessary to avoid sticking. Add all other ingredients and simmer until chili is all warmed throughout, stirring occasionally. Pour it over some greens add avocado and some corn chips!