The holistic approach to women’s pelvic health and natural conception.
Mercier Therapy is a pelvic visceral manipulation technique created by Dr. Jennifer Mercier, to enhance women’s pelvic health and help infertile women become pregnant. The purpose of this gentle yet effective manipulation of pelvis and pelvic organs is to ensures that her reproductive organs (such as uterus and ovaries) and surrounding structures are free of restrictions and adhesions, and well nourished with blood flow, which all are the keys to the optimal pelvic health and successful conception.
Just like any structures in the body, pelvic organs can create adhesions and scars, these can disrupt their optimal function. Adhesions act like glue, which disrupts the function of affected organs. And its flexible nature of these organs which are only supported by pliable ligaments, uterus and ovaries can shift out of its normal positions. These malplaced organs will suffer from restrictions of movement and lack of blood flow, it can cause further problems to women such as chronic pelvic pain or infertility.
When these scars, adhesions, and restrictions are softened and released, it could solve these problems on its own, it will free women from pelvic problems, and it can increase the natural pregnancy rate and lower the failure rates of Invitro Fertilization (IVF). Retraining pelvic organs to return to their normal status and function is the common sense approach to increasing women’s chance of conceiving and improving their health at the same time.
===This massage technique is done abdominally and requires NO vaginal work===
Mercier Therapy has Proven to Help the Following Issues:
- Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Pelvic scaring or adhesions from previous surgery (including C-section)
- Sexual abuse trauma
- Birth trauma
- Persistent pelvic pain
- Dysmenorrhea, Amenorrhea, Irregular menstrual cycle
- Anovulation sexual function
- Other abdominal inflammations
Adhesions Develop Through a Woman’s Lifetime in Various Ways:
- Abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Back surgery
- Endometriosis, sexually transmitted disease, IUD
- Fall onto hip, buttocks, or tailbone
- Hip surgery Low back, hip, or leg pain
- Pain or cramps in abdomen or groin
- Pain with sitting or with sexual intercourse
- Pelvic inflammatory disease, bladder or yeast infections
- Physical trauma or vehicle accident
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Physical PMS symptoms, vaginitis, cystitis, colitis, other pelvic inflammations
Women Who Have Dealt With Any of The Following May Suffer From Pelvic Pain:
- Pelvic surgery of any kind such as: laparoscopy, laparotomy, D&C, LEEP, abortion, cystocele or rectocele repair, c-section*, bladder sling or hysterectomy
- Vaginal childbirth
- Sexual abuse trauma
- Birth Trauma
- Urinary tract or yeast infection
*Treatment can start 6-8 weeks after the surgery. Please provide physician’s permission, and no wound gaping, active infection or significant pain at the incision site should be present.
Mercier Therapy at Inspired Life Health Centre
Mercier Therapy is recommended as 6 hours of therapy total for any conditions listed above. For the optimal results, we recommend the therapies being done consistently (such as 60min session for 6 consecutive weeks) with no big gaps in between sessions.
Mercier Therapy for Infertility
Mercier Therapy increases the mobility of the pelvic organs, and release scars and adhesions for their optimal functions. If you are considering going through medically assisted Fertility procedures, consider having Mercier Therapy prior. Once you completed 6 hours of Mercier Therapy, give yourself at least 6 months.
If you are undergoing a surgical procedure, 6 hours of therapy prior and 6 hours of therapy post is highly recommended, as it will make the surgical procedure very efficient, promote healing process and lessens complications such as scarring and adhesions.
When Mercier Therapy is Contraindicated
- During the IVF cycle (can be done prior, but not during)
- Within 6 weeks after surgeries
- Menstruation with Endometriosis (if you do not have an Endometriosis, Mercier therapy can be done during the menstruation)
- Active or Chronic Pelvic Inflammation and/or Infection
- Active Cancer
Fertility & In Vitro Fertilization Facts
Infertility plagues an estimated 9 million women. One Invitro Fertilization (IVF) attempt can be $10,000- or higher, and there is no guarantees of getting pregnant. For some, this is not even a consideration. And for others who choose to take the chance with Invitro fertilization (IVF), they will have 1 or more failed attempts– extremely expensive attempts. After going through the emotional roller coaster and hormonal imbalances that go with IVF, the treatment can be absolutely exhausting and depressing and your goal of getting pregnant still has yet to be achieved.
The effectiveness of Mercier Therapy is supported by Dr. Mercier’s 4 year study , as Mercier Therapy achieved 83% pregnancy rate within one year of finishing the therapy which includes 6 hours of therapy and a few supportive supplements, while pregnancy rate with Invitro Fertilization (IVF) is only 29% (and live birth is 22.4%) on average.
Links of Interest: